Avoid this spiritual predator at all cost!
By Ryan Johnson
Offense! It’s a word we have either experienced or observed in operation. It’s a hot topic as more and more individuals are going through battles of being offended. Whether it is offense over politics, religion, freedom, etc., the list is long, and many deal with being offended on some level. While considering how offense operates, I saw a vision of an octopus. I saw how offense operates like the arms and the legs of an oct I believe the Lord is detailing how a Spirit of Offense will come against you in 8 different ways.
- Mind – Romans 8:5-8 – “For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.” When offense takes root, the first place it captures is your mind. If offense can attach itself to your thoughts, it owns your ability to process understanding. The moment offense attaches itself to your mind, the ability to have clarity and peace is diminished, as everything now feeds every thought that is only directed at the hurt through offense.
- Sight/Vision – Proverbs 29:18 “(KJV)- Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he. The problem now becomes what you are seeing, versus what’s not actually there. Once offense attaches itself to your vision, you now become bombarded by everything you see. You begin to see things as though they are something that they are not. Every action is something you see as a direct attack against you. Offense shifts your vision from fulfilling your purpose into an opposition against everyone. You’re now unable to recognize what God is doing as you’re devoted to see what is being done to you.
- Heart – Proverbs 6:16-19 – “There are six things which the Lord hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that run rapidly to evil, A false witness who utters lies, And one who spreads strife among brothers.” This is a very dangerous place to find yourself. The moment offense attaches itself to your heart, every single thing you do becomes toxic. Your heart becomes so infected that your actions become destructive to those around you.
- Relationships – Proverbs 17:9 – “Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends.” This has to be one of the saddest things to witness as offense attaches itself to your relationships. Offense will eventually put a wedge between you and your family or friends. Your relationships will change over time as you search out certain people to side with you and against the one who is now your enemy. Offense will transform friends into enemies because they didn’t see it your way.
- Hearing – 1 Peter 1:19-20 – “This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.” Offense will attack your ear gate! A spirit of offense will attach itself and affect both natural and spiritual hearing. Naturally, we will begin to hear what others are saying and process those things to be slanderous towards us. More dangerously is when your ability to hear what the Lord is saying is affected. Your spiritual ear will become more tuned to the lies, manipulation, and deception of the enemy.
- Body/health – Proverbs 16:24 – “Pleasant words are a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.” Many don’t like to talk about it, but the truth is, offense will begin to become a natural issue in your body. The negative thoughts, bitterness, unforgiveness, rage, frustration, and the like eventually take a toll on your physical health.
7. Time – Ephesians 6:2-3 – “Honor your father and mother (which is the first commandment with a promise), so that it may be well with you, and that you may live long on the earth.” When offense attaches itself to you, your time becomes consumed with proving others wrong and you right. You become consumed with payback or restitution to what was done to you. Instead of being about the Father’s business, your number one priority is you. Therefore your time is now robbed from your own offense.
8. Finances – Ecclesiastes 2:26 – “God gives wisdom, knowledge, and joy to those who please him. But if a sinner becomes wealthy, God takes the wealth away and gives it to those who please him. This, too, is meaningless—like chasing the wind.” Part of the lack you will experience when it comes to finances can be rooted to a spirit of offense. When offense attaches itself to you, you soon welcome bitterness towards others in ministry, including leadership. When that offense digs deep, you will begin to withhold your finances from what you once supported. Truth is, offense attacks your finances and not the finances of those who are pleasing God.
A Spirit of Offense has but one purpose: DESTROY YOU! Guard your heart, your mind, and keep your spirit devoted to The Father. When offense comes knocking, and it will, walk out what the Bible declares.
To view the entire article, visit Ryan Johnson’s blog.
Ryan Johnson is mantled in equipping the Body of Christ to Awaken the Nations with a Prophetic call of a rising Ekklesia. As a Revivalist, and Apostolic Minister, Ryan ministers with a prophetic voice of Revival and Awakening, with the demonstration of God’s purposes in regions, individuals, and The Church.
Are you following us on Facebook?